Thursday, July 19, 2012

Animation Project: CHESS 3D



This is my first 3d animation video which I created as a final project for my 3D Arts Certification Program.

It's generally a short Ad (lasting a little above 2 minutes) about a fictional mobile game app called CHESS 3D.

So why chess?

I started learning how to play chess just a few months before I started this animation project. I figured that since I liked my progress and my addiction on playing the game on mobile devices got more and more intense that I should may as well create an animation based on the usual "Well, what if...?"

What if there's a mobile game app that's not only in 3D, but also allows you to customize your color, background, movements and attack styles? That would be amazing, or in the least more exciting than the usual chess games you see.



*** This animation was created using Autodesk Maya 2012, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment