Tuesday, August 28, 2012
3D Animation: Philippine Flag
Things to note in using Dynamics (nMesh/nCloth/nConstraints):
1. Flagpole: passive collider
2. rope: nCloth (increase Rigidity)
3. flag: the more polygons the smoother the movements; triangulate; nCloth
Other things to note:
* The rope and flag have or are in the same Nucleus1
* Put Transform constraints on the top/bottom vertices of the flagpole and tips of the rope
* Use Component to Component (nConstraints) to connect the vertices of the rop to the vertices of the flag
* Adjust the wind speed on the Nucleus1 to simulate the wind.
2012. Created using Autodesk Maya 2013. Video composition on Adobe After Effects.